Monday, October 14, 2013

Christmas in Bikinis!

Last year I spent the Christmas holiday freezing my butt off. It was the first winter I had ever spent outside of California in my 29 years of existence and boy did those Europeans make sure it was a doozy. However, it was my boyfriend's dream come true: Christmas markets, gaudy decorations, gluhwein, carolers, skiing and snow...lots of snow.

Kent putting his French skills to work ordering Vin Chaud

Is that Santa scoping out the Christmas market or just a lady in a ridiculous outfit?
 We explored Christmas markets in Germany and France, rung in the New Year in Salzburg and spent a week skiing in the Italian Alps. I wore long underwear and a sleeping bag-esque jacket the entire time.

The town of San Cassiano, Italy
This year I will be wearing a bikini. After much deliberating and kayak-ing, we selected Belize for our winter getaway, followed by a week in Florida visiting Kent's parents. I am beyond excited. My family has somewhat of a tradition of spending Christmas in warm/tropical places like Costa Rica, Mexico or Hawaii, so this is exactly what I think of when it comes to the holidays. Kent will adjust, I'm sure.
 
Glover's Atoll in Belize

No comments:

Post a Comment